Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Welcome! Appreciate you stopping by!

Every so often I lead in with a reminder of the purpose of both this weekly blog as well as the non-profit benefiting from the proceeds of what we sell. If you already all this - feel free to skip to the "good" part (all the photos!) - but if you're newer to the blog and would like to understand the bigger picture than keep reading! 

Purpose of this blog is simple. In June of 2009 I'd been working at the store for about 2 1/2 years (store opened February of 2006 and I was hired that fall) and I was trying to figure out a way I could cast a wider net for potential customers. We'd been gathering individuals' email addresses with the thought of sending out a weekly email about sales and "new" inventory when I found this free blog platform and have been using it ever since! Each week I post photos of SOME of our inventory as well as provide information about any sale happening. The purpose - in my mind - is to generate interest and encourage people to head into the store to check things out in person. 

And the not-for-profit that benefits from what we sell? Outreach Community Ministries! My elevator speech is we're a faith-based, social service agency assisting those most vulnerable in DuPage County. Our "about" page provides more information about our service sites and programs but my favorite page is individuals' stories of how they were directly impacted by Outreach - aptly named "stories of hope." This is where I go when I'm feeling overwhelmed and want to be reminded why I do what I do. Super encouraging and I'm always inspired by the fortitude and strength people have which help them overcome the challenges and hardship in their lives! That Outreach plays a part (large or small) in helping them, honestly, makes my day. 

Okay - moving on! Let's take a look at some pieces that caught my eye when I was in the store on Tuesday snapping photos! 





you typically don't see many desks in the store for the simply reason they don't sell well for us! That said, I have this really lovely one as well as another one I'll show you later in this post. This Hooker brand desk has plenty of storage, leather writing surface and is beautiful too! Measures: 30" by 60" and priced $325. Oh and it's finished on the front so could be "floated" in a room






two identical green (look brown in my photos but they're green in person) sofas - 
both in very good condition and priced $195 each





beautiful to look at and in excellent condition Heritage wingback chair and ottoman- priced $225. 
This is one of those where it looks like it was NEVER sat on! 




very nice oversized sofa where both ends recline! Wall hugger (so it can sit close to the wall and recline without hitting the wall) and in very good condition. Priced $325







there are some spots on the fabric of both of these stools - but otherwise this is a super sweet Drexel Heritage entry/sofa table (measures: 17" by 5' and stands 28" tall) with two stools for $125




I didn't see any stains or spots on either of these very fun "parrot" chairs! 
Truly in excellent condition and priced $155 each



cast aluminum (so can be used indoors or out) 42" round coffee table (stands 17" tall) - some dings in the finish but this is a heavy, solid, fabulous piece and priced $165






here's another set of chairs that are in excellent condition! The fabric is red with some blue in it (the larger photo is trying to show you the colors) and we have a single chair for $175 and then the chair and ottoman is - good grief - I didn't note the price - I THINK the chair and ottoman is $195 
but I could be wrong (I'm so sorry!)





very nice Plunkett brand loveseat for $125. Again, the up-close photo is trying to 
show you the various colors in the fabric - it's very nice! 




another very nice loveseat - also priced $125 




Vanguard sofa that looks brand new! Oh my - excellent condition! Priced $175




stunningly beautiful glass top coffee table (38' square and 17" high) with 3/4" thick glass! 
Looks to be in perfect condition and priced $225









these two wingback definitely need - at least - the small arm fabric to be cleaned (and one has some spots in other places too) but still in good condition and priced $85 each






I noted one spot and then the back edge that's ripped on this otherwise 
very good condition, oversized chaise! Priced $95




set of twin or twin bunkbed system - in excellent condition. Priced $150 and that does NOT include the twin size mattresses (and they weren't priced yet so I can't tell you how much they are - sorry!)





absolutely stunningly gorgeous, queen size, antique French bed (headboard, footboard and side rails) for $295. So beautiful and in excellent condition! Again, mattress and box spring sold separately





this $45 chest of drawers is for a DIYer! Top needs to be refinished (or painted), one knob has a chewed on look (dog? small kid?) and two drawers are off the track (or track is missing) so don't 
open/close properly but this is a solid wood piece that could be amazing! 





elegant is the word that comes to mind when I look at this Drexel dresser with triple mirror! 
It looks to be in pristine condition and is priced $350



you, a child or a beloved family pet need a little help getting onto your taller bed/mattress? Boom - we got you covered! Some blemishes in the finish on this three step stool but otherwise a 
sturdy piece that'll get the job done! Priced $65










another piece that's specifically geared to someone with some DIY skills! I'm guessing this was handmade because it's the most heavy, solid thing I've ever seen! Table measures: 36" by 80" and then there are two longer benches for each side and two shorter benches for each end! And, seriously, these are pieces you could stand and tap dance on (my grand-niece is taking tap dance lessons - she's seven and it's the cutest thing ever!). Yes, lots of nicks and splits in the finish but structurally there's nothing wrong with any of these pieces! Priced $125 for the whole set! 




very good condition deep chocolate brown leather loveseat for $150











be still my heart - these three wooden side tables manufactured by Intrex are FANTASTIC! In doing a little research I found the one natural stained table on the 1stDibs website selling for $425! We have a red stained one that measures: 22 1/4" round by 15 1/2" tall for $175; the natural wood stained one that's 18" round by 18 1/2" tall for $150 and the yellow stained one that's 12" round and 20" tall for $125. I THINK I got photos of every ding and small stain I found. Regardless, still such cool pieces! 








here's lovely desk # 2 as promised earlier in this post! Measures: 27" by 54" has similiar leather inserts in the top and is also finished on the front! In very good condition (last photos is of some small wear on the desk top by one of the leather insert pieces). Priced $150. The mystery with this piece is why "June '89" is writing inside one of the drawers? It was so important it be 
noted there was no time to find paper? Curious



we'll end with this pristine condition sage green, micro-suede sofa for $265! Beautiful!

For you regulars who've been missing Connie, our store manager, she'll be back next week! Take care, dear reader!