Wednesday, April 10, 2024

I come to you today full of regret

I have to admit I'm super bummed that I didn't make any effort whatsoever to see the eclipse on Monday! I didn't have the special glasses to view it and was googling how to safely look at it by making x, y or z way too late to actually make x, y or z! I'm 65 so I guess I could be alive in 20 years when it's next going to occur but...???

People have described it as "unforgettable," and even "spiritual"! You know I love a good "alas/alack" but that doesn't feel strong enough to convey my anger that I simply decided to ignore an incredible natural phenomena! 

Well, it's water under the bridge, ancient history, there's no use crying over spilt milk! As I've aged sayings like this are constantly rolling off my tongue - honestly - in a somewhat concerning way.

You know what else in an ongoing refrain for me? My love for all things furniture! Haha! Nice segue - right?! What follows are photos of a very small percentage of our current inventory at our Carol Stream store: 




you might be feeling a bit down - but one look at this sunny yellow chair will put a smile on your face! Excellent condition! It looked like it might be IKEA but when I flipped it over it's from China. 
Seems solid! Priced $125







Ethan Allen two drawer coffee table in excellent condition! Measures: 30" by 4' and is 17 1/2" tall. Drawers open only on one side - the other side has faux drawer fronts. Priced $135

Let's pause for a brief look at some of our really gorgeous sterling silver pieces in our display cases along with a beautiful Princess Diana doll and two antique Victorian glass beaded wee footstools (I asked Jean and Joe who were working when I was snapping photos - who would use the footstools since 1) they're glass beads and could break (maybe?) and 2) they're maybe six inches off the floor and Joe said, "Someone with gout?" and it made me laugh! Not that I think gout is funny - it's an extremely painful condition and I would never make light of it but I'm not sure I've ever met anyone with gout unless it was in a book...sigh. My external processor needs to stop!).















Continuing on:




gorgeous Isaacs brand sofa in excellent condition for $295




all the grayish Room & Board sofas are probably becoming a blur - but I promise you I haven't shown you this one before (at least I don't think I have!). The inside sitting area is 73" and from the outside arm on one side to the outside arm on the other - it's 85". It's in excellent condition and priced $525



one of those leaning "ladder" bookcases - good condition and priced $115. 
I'm going to show you another one in a creamy white later in this post



very nice black leather sofa for $395



too bad about the crack in the surface of this ping pong table! Priced $75




twin over twin bunkbeds with ladders at both ends! Just an FYI - you can NOT un-bunk these beds! Solid and in good condition and priced $95. Two USED twin size mattresses priced $75 each






there are six drawers of storage underneath this twin size bed! Bed is in very good condition and priced $225. USED twin size mattress hasn't been priced yet. Leaning "ladder" bookcase for $75

I'm off to take a walk around the building a few times and see if I can get to a better please, dear reader! Never fear - all will be well (eventually!)! Take care! 

P.S. I was lapping the building and remembered I wanted to remind you that we DO HAVE OUTDOOR FURNITURE available - you just have to weave your way THROUGH THE STORE to the southeast corner where's there's a door to an enclosed outdoor space with lots of goodies! Be careful on the ramp as you head out the door!