Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Customer Inspiration - John and Deanna's beautiful, from new to old, china cabinet story!

When John and Deanna stopped in at Jubilee Furniture a couple of weeks ago, they really didn't think they'd find anything since they were looking for something pretty specific. They were so sure we wouldn't have what they wanted that neither of them brought in their wallets! Can you tell where this story is going? You're right! They did find a beautiful piece, but I'm getting ahead of myself, so let's back track a bit.

John and Deanna will soon be receiving John's grandmother's beautiful old dining room table and chairs, but Grandma is keeping the matching china cabinet. Knowing they would not be able to find an exact match to the antique table, they were simply looking for something that would compliment it. After a quick glance, they walked right by a very contemporary looking china cabinet we had in the store. As they shared with me what they were looking for I suggested they circle back and see if it might work. The clean lines, gorgeous wood, beveled glass and mirrored back might make a nice backdrop for the antique table and chairs - didn't they think? At that point I left them to mull it over (no one likes a pushy sales person - even a friendly one like me!). John asked me for a screwdriver to see about removing the hardware and after more discussion they decided to take it.


(in place at John and Deanna's home still with the original hardware)

The rest of the story goes like this. Once they got the piece home and removed the original hardware, John and Deanna remembered a box of old hardware they had in their garage - sorted through it, cleaned up the pieces and - wonders never cease - they fit PERFECTLY in the china cabinet!



The old hardware "aged" the china cabinet and will, I've no doubt, make a gorgeous companion to Grandma's dining table and chairs!



A beautiful ending to a beautiful Jubilee Furniture purchase - wouldn't you agree, dear reader?!

Do you have your own Jubilee Furniture story you want to tell? If so, email me (sgalbraith@outreachcommin.org) with the details and photos.

Take care and I'll see you back here Friday with my weekly update post (but I'm telling you now we have amazing donations coming in this week - so make plans to head out to the store either Friday 1 to 8 or Saturday 9 to 4!).

Blessings!