Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuesday's customer inspiration - Sarah's sweet wee little studio apartment!

You can thank Sarah for saving you from a post of me writing incredibly stupid, and probably pretty lame, stuff - since the final room in my house - my daughter, Abby's room - is in disarray since she doesn't live there right now (is moving home next month) so I didn't want to take photos (yet) and it's the only room I haven't already shown you! Close one, huh. Thanks SO much for emailing me, Sarah!

YOU could have saved the day if you had only emailed me (sgalbraith@outreachcommin.org) photos of how cool and wonderful all your Jubilee Furniture finds look in your home (either exactly as they looked when they went out our door - or - how you've transformed 'em!), but alas you didn't. Oh well, there's always next week!

Here's Sarah's email:

Hi Susan,

I bought some furniture from Jubilee this fall when I was downsizing and moving into a studio apartment. I always enjoy the "inspiration" photos you post of furniture in use, so I thought I would share mine. {Note: I did not pay or threaten Sarah in any way, shape or form to write that she enjoys my Tuesday inspiration posts - but she is now my very best friend in the whole wide world!}


The little drop-leaf table is absolutely perfect for my tiny setup, because I can leave it dropped and it fits nicely on that wall, but I can unfold it for a larger work/eat surface. (I found those chairs for $10/each on Craigslist). {I remember that cool retro table - really like it!}


The tiny chest of drawers is probably intended as a night stand, but it tucks so nicely into my mini kitchen, and provided the only drawers in the place, so I can store my silverware and kitchen utensils. {LOVE that piece - especially the square knobs!}


The typing table was my find-of-the-day. There is no counter space in my tiny kitchen, so I leave the stand mixer parked on that typing table, and then wheel it into place and prop the side leaves up for additional prep space. {very creative - my best customers can see past the obvious use of an item and re-purpose it - yea!}


Finally, I am including a photo of my antique murphy bed. I didn't get it at Jubilee, but it is my most prized thrifting find and I thought you might appreciate it! {I do - love. it.} (I found it about 2 years ago off Craiglist for 80 bucks). {amazingly excellent price!} In fact, with the exception of 2 small bookcases from Ikea, everything in my apartment, from the day sofa to the lamps and every table, is a thrifted, trash-picked, or hand-me-down item. {Sarah, you're my kind of woman}

I always enjoy your blog {be still my heart} and my trips to Jubilee {Sarah, how can I love you more?!}, keep them coming!

Sarah

Wow, not only did Sarah send fabulous photos - but she wrote such great, descriptive and nice stuff too - and no, Sarah is not related to me!

So, there you have it, dear reader - a wonderful glimpse into Sarah's creative, lovely, thrift-filled home!

Enjoy your week and I'll see you back here on Friday!