Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuesday's customer inspiration - Sarah's sweet wee little studio apartment!

You can thank Sarah for saving you from a post of me writing incredibly stupid, and probably pretty lame, stuff - since the final room in my house - my daughter, Abby's room - is in disarray since she doesn't live there right now (is moving home next month) so I didn't want to take photos (yet) and it's the only room I haven't already shown you! Close one, huh. Thanks SO much for emailing me, Sarah!

YOU could have saved the day if you had only emailed me (sgalbraith@outreachcommin.org) photos of how cool and wonderful all your Jubilee Furniture finds look in your home (either exactly as they looked when they went out our door - or - how you've transformed 'em!), but alas you didn't. Oh well, there's always next week!

Here's Sarah's email:

Hi Susan,

I bought some furniture from Jubilee this fall when I was downsizing and moving into a studio apartment. I always enjoy the "inspiration" photos you post of furniture in use, so I thought I would share mine. {Note: I did not pay or threaten Sarah in any way, shape or form to write that she enjoys my Tuesday inspiration posts - but she is now my very best friend in the whole wide world!}


The little drop-leaf table is absolutely perfect for my tiny setup, because I can leave it dropped and it fits nicely on that wall, but I can unfold it for a larger work/eat surface. (I found those chairs for $10/each on Craigslist). {I remember that cool retro table - really like it!}


The tiny chest of drawers is probably intended as a night stand, but it tucks so nicely into my mini kitchen, and provided the only drawers in the place, so I can store my silverware and kitchen utensils. {LOVE that piece - especially the square knobs!}


The typing table was my find-of-the-day. There is no counter space in my tiny kitchen, so I leave the stand mixer parked on that typing table, and then wheel it into place and prop the side leaves up for additional prep space. {very creative - my best customers can see past the obvious use of an item and re-purpose it - yea!}


Finally, I am including a photo of my antique murphy bed. I didn't get it at Jubilee, but it is my most prized thrifting find and I thought you might appreciate it! {I do - love. it.} (I found it about 2 years ago off Craiglist for 80 bucks). {amazingly excellent price!} In fact, with the exception of 2 small bookcases from Ikea, everything in my apartment, from the day sofa to the lamps and every table, is a thrifted, trash-picked, or hand-me-down item. {Sarah, you're my kind of woman}

I always enjoy your blog {be still my heart} and my trips to Jubilee {Sarah, how can I love you more?!}, keep them coming!

Sarah

Wow, not only did Sarah send fabulous photos - but she wrote such great, descriptive and nice stuff too - and no, Sarah is not related to me!

So, there you have it, dear reader - a wonderful glimpse into Sarah's creative, lovely, thrift-filled home!

Enjoy your week and I'll see you back here on Friday!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

So - you're bringing Sarah with you to the next family party? :)

Abby said...

Thanks for not doing my room! It won't be good for Tuesday customer inspiration photos until after it is banana cream colored and all my giant nerd posters are up :)
I love this woman's apartment! So fun.