Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tuesday's customer inspiraiton - Naomi's stunning chair makeover!

Wow - what a makeover I have for you today!  I'm so excited - obviously so much so that I failed to tell you what Tuesday customer inspiration is all about (in case you aren't familiar with it).

Every Tuesday - if my wonderful customers take the time to snap a photo or two of something they've purchased from Jubilee Furniture and email me at sgalbraith@outreachcommin.org - I show you said photo(s) with the hopes of inspiring you to see used furniture in a new and creative way.  Not every post is a complete makeover - many of the things at Jubilee Furniture are fabulous just the way they are - but wait until you see what Naomi did to a very sad chair she found at the store.

Here's her email:

Hi!  I had been looking for a cute chair for my "crafting nook" to no avail (I didn't have much to spend, that always slows me down!) - I found your blog/website and was excited to read about what you do for the community AND some of the cute makeovers your customers had done.

My husband and I have a few goodwill finds we had made over - mostly painting furniture - but I hadn't done a chair before - so stepping into the store on Saturday, we were looking for something CHEAP (so if I ruined it it would be no big loss!) - we found the perfect chair FOR $5.50!  And took it home for a makeover!

I found some clearance fabric at Wal-Mart, so total, the project was less than $45!

So attached is my picture of the makeover (I saw you were asking for inspiration posts), I hope to come visit again soon for more furniture :)


I cannot believe how someone - with what sounds like no re-upholstery skills - was able to create a multi-fabric job with contrasting trim!  Wow. So. Impressed.  The chair looks amazing!

Thanks to Naomi for turning our ugly duckling chair into a swan!

Stay warm, dear reader!  See you back here on Friday!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

That is simply amazing - I am inspired to try that now. You did a really good job!

George said...

The singing field is a small room, and your enemy is lots of stuff! Win the storage game and get big applause from the home team with American Spirit. The timeless look works well in either a child's room or a second bedroom. And the durable design will stand up to vigorous, high-spirited kids. Go up and under in a small room with Hutches, Media Units, Bureaus, Bunk Beds, and Underbed storage. Practice hard, play hard, and sleep tight with the American Spirit Youth album. The
American spirit loft bed skin a construction and design that will adapt from the early years of childhood to later adolescent years. A perfect resort for rest, work, or play, a metal bed fram can be added to the bottom of the loft bed to make two beds, or it can be left as a single bed with a desk, whatever suits your children's needs!