Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tuesday's customer inspiration - Margaret's lovely entry and living room!

Thanks for stopping in for Tuesday customer inspiration where I showcase something a customer has purchased from Jubilee Furniture and how it looks in their home - either exactly as it looked leaving the store or how it's been transformed into something even better - with the hopes it'll inspire you to give peace used furniture a chance (sometimes I crack myself up!).

So, without further ado, it's my pleasure to introduce one of my favorite customers, Margaret!  This is Margaret's third time submitting photos for customer inspiration (check out her first customer inspiration here and numero duo here)!  Here's her email:

Subject: some more pictures...

...through my embarrassingly dirty camera lens.  Or is it supernational phenomena?  Nope, just dirt.

The first picture is that two piece painted table we found at Jubilee.  Remember, when I came in the store three times and kept stealing your tape measure?  It serves as an entryway table with some knickknacks on top.  Notice the glass panel on our front door, which explains why we bought the second piece (giant curio) in the next photo.  We're pretty sure that this is someone's homemade brainchild, but since it went so well with our front door, we figured it belonged at our house.  We removed the casters that it had on the bottom, but unfortunately, this made it tip forward.  We then stuffed some balsa wood under the front to steady it, and anchored it to a wall stud with a child safety furniture strap.  Hopefully, it's not going anywhere anytime soon.  Crystalware and old books rest on the shelves inside the glass doors, while hand-me-down board games hide in the cabinet below.



The pine bench is also from Jubilee.  I like the rustic hinges and unfinished look.  It holds our mittens and baseball hats and the occasional stuffed bear or human child sits on top.  One day it might go in one of the kid's rooms and hide toys and books.  Who knows?

Just as soon as I took these two pictures, I changed things.  So, the last photo is more of the same, just a rearrangement of the furniture to make the room feel bigger.  It isolated the one armchair in the corner, but makes for more walking/playing room.  I can't decide which way is better and will probably move it back and forth every once in a while.


That's all of our Jubilee stuff, hope to see you soon!

I find Margaret's home to be so warm and inviting!  It's also very cool that she and her husband have Jubilee Furniture furniture in so many rooms of their house (Jubilee Furniture furniture in your home = tons of feel good vibes knowing your purchase helped those most in need in DuPage County through the programs and services offered by Outreach Community Ministries).

Have you bought something from the store and are willing to take a photo (or two) and email me at sgalbraith@outreachcommin.org?  If so, that would be supery-duper!

I'll be back on Friday with my weekly post which will include photos of some of the fantastic stuff the guys are picking up this week!  You won't want to miss it!

Take care and a great big THANK YOU to Margaret!