Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday's customer inspiration - Peggy's fabulous sewing room!

Welcome to Tuesday customer inspiration where I showcase something someone has purchased from Jubilee Furniture and how amazing it looks in their home - either exactly as it looked leaving the store, or, how it's been transformed into something even better!

Today's inspiration is from my sister, Peggy, who's a wonderful sewer and quilter.  Her email cracked me up since she wrote it as if I didn't know anything much about her - but it's prefect for sharing with you, dear reader!  Here it is:

Hello Susan!  I wanted to share my photos of my re-done sewing room.  As you know, I saw this bathroom cabinet at Jubilee and mentioned to my daughter that it would make a nice cutting space for my sewing room.  I enjoy making quilts and that involves a lot of rotary cutting - which I have been doing mainly on the FLOOR - on my knees, bending over the cutting mat - not very good for my back.  There was a very large stone slab on top of the cabinet.  While it did not fit exactly and was less than lovely, the weight and added height to the cabinet was a plus.  Jessica said she would buy me it for my birthday - for the bargain price of $35.  I was in Menard's and saw a very similar cabinet for $199.  Anyway - I absolutely love the higher height for cutting my fabric.  My 24 x 36 inch cutting mat is just a tad larger than the top but is working out well.  I love having items handy in the drawers close by - I went through my whole room organizing and throwing out stuff - it was a long process, but I'm including views of my whole sewing space - a space I love spending time in!  I will be looking at Jubilee for a small chair to add to my room - and who knows what other treasures I will find?  Thanks to Jessica for my great birthday present - and to my husband for getting it up the stairs!  See you soon - Love, Peggy


A couple of weeks later:

Jim now has a place to sit when he stops by my sewing room!  This chair was purchased at Jubilee - in pristine condition - all I did was add a "quilt-y" touch - and, for now, I think my room is complete!  Thank you, Jubilee Furniture!


Wow - I love Peggy's sewing room!  It's bright and cheerful and inviting and I can see why she enjoys spending time in it!  How she got all of Mom's sewing talent - I don't understand and it doesn't seem entirely fair!

Oh well, I got Mom's ...wide hips for ease in child birth?  Sorry - super bad mental image - it's just my daughter, Abby, turns 23 tomorrow and I've been thinking a lot about the day she was born!

Come on - sing with me!  "Memories, light the corners of my mind. Misty watercolor memories..."