Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tuesday's customer inspiration - today starring Valerie and Margaret

Each Tuesday I post photos of something a customer has purchased from Jubilee Furniture with the thought that seeing things outside of our dreary warehouse might inspire you to: 1.) stop in the store either Friday from 1 to 8 or Saturday from 9 to 4 because you're impressed with what can be purchased there; 2.) try your hand at transforming something that's been bought at the store from okay to fabulous; 3.) realize that repurposing and recycling furniture from Jubilee is not only good for the environment but can look stylish and hip in your home too; and 4.) remember you've been meaning to take photos and email me at sgalbraith@outreachcommin.org and you now feel guilty - again! Just kidding (sorta).

I love Val's email so much I have to share the whole thing with you.

Hi Susan - Love the blog at Jubilee. I read it religiously. Attached please find a picture of a chair that I got at your warehouse. I think it's ugly mustard color makes it charming. It's also really uncomfortable. Although it's true beauty is not apparent in the photo. It opens up into a soft cushy low-to-the-floor bed! I can host all three of my nieces to sleepover spa nights now that they have outgrown the queen sleeper sofa. It had gotten to the point that I would find one of them curled u on a chair or on the floor. Like I said, it's not very pretty but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Yes, that is a blue leather watering can purse in the background. Doesn't everyone have one? Just shoot me if I walk into your storing using it as a purse; I will have lost my mind.


I actually think the chair looks great and I love the pretty throw pillow! Add in Val's wonderful sense of humor and I'm wondering how I can get invited to the next sleepover/spa night!

Next up are some photos from Margaret - a regular Jubilee Furniture customer and a previous customer inspiration!

Here's Margaret's email:

Hi Susan, Back when we bought the patio set, we also picked up this matching set of oak Broyhill tables. We didn't really do much to them, just changed out the hardware. You might remember that the hardware was the hanging kind; we changed it to the cup kind because it looks a little more sleek and is also harder for a toddler to pull down (I figured that one out later). They're great storage for coloring books, board games, and (mommy's) Wii Fit Board. The couch has recliners on each end, so it helps to have a coffee table on hidden wheels (nifty little extra) that pushes out easily every time you recline.


I'm also adding the picture of the pine hutch because I don't know when I'm going to get around to updating the curtains in the room (but who cares about the curtains for now?). The hutch looks nice as is and our previously empty front/dining room is now just about done. Again, all we did is change the hardware from white to brass knobs.











Wow - with minimum effort Margaret made the lovely pieces works well for her and her family!

Thanks to both Valerie and Margaret for allowing us into their beautiful homes!

Take care, dear reader and I hope to see you back here on Friday for my weekly update post!