Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Hello February!

My three sisters and I have a "sister text thread" where we text several times a day - and one of them mentioned how glad she was that January was almost over. I admit January AND February aren't my favorite months of the year - but as the underdogs I feel bad about that. So wanting to say something positive I find the best I can do is - we're a month closer to warmer weather! Yay! And that doesn't feel good since they didn't choose to be cold, snowy and often dreary! 

And then I realized some of my favorite PEOPLE are born in these two months - and that makes me want to cheer! Woot! 

You know who else makes me whoop and holler? Our donors! We have some amazing inventory at both our Carol Stream AND Lombard stores because of our incredible donors! What follows is SOME of the inventory at our Carol Stream store:





super fun IKEA KURA reversible bed (can loft it OR have lower - link here for details), "tent" cover and bunky board for $125. Bed alone retails for $299





Taylor/Jamestown dresser with protective glass - in good condition and priced $85



nicely painted four drawer chest for $65






stunning dining table (44" by 68") with one leaf (24" wide) and six chairs (two with arms) - all in very good condition (I spied a spot or two on the seat cushions) for $365. Caning all looks good and the inlaid wood pattern on the table top is on the leaf too! 



have you ever known me NOT to love just about anything plaid? No. No, you have not! So it shouldn't be surprising that I love this classic chair that's also a recliner! In very good condition and priced $125





sit tight - I have kind of a long story to go with this Room & Board Aldrich 94" pop up platform queen sleeper sofa. This is a GORGEOUS sofa - absolutely love the "flint oatmeal" color of the upholstery. It's in excellent condition but here's the rub. When the lower part is pulled out and creates a "bed" the sofa bench seat sags. R&B doesn't make this sofa any more because, obviously, there's a design flaw. Works well as a sofa and would be a comfortable twin size sleeper (because you'd leave the bottom part underneath and it would provide support) but NOT a comfortable queen size bed. Priced $450. Keep scrolling if gray is your preferred color because we have this same sofa in gray further on in this post



fantastic solid oak entry/sofa table (measures: 19" by 43" and stands 29 1/2" tall) for $65




excellent condition Kellex brand side chair for $75




with the window behind this piece - it's almost impossible to get a good photo - sorry! But - oh my - so, so gorgeous and unique! This is a solid GLASS etagere that the donor thought weighed 400 lbs.! At it's deepest it's 15" and measures 30" across and stands 7' tall.  Not a chip or scratch (that I could see) on it! Perfect condition! Priced $425




here's the gray Room & Board sofa/pop up queen size sleeper as promised! Same issue AND there's 
one spot (last photo) where the fabric has come unattached. Priced $350




excellent condition Walter E. Smithe sofa for $125





cool mid-century modern one piece bookcase for $265. Measures: 15" by 57" and stands 6' tall. The bottom space is just open - no shelves. Middle door is stationary (doesn't open). In good condition






very nice looking Sauder brand cubby! A few issues where someone tightened screws too far and cracked the piece it was being screwed into (I spied three different spots where this happened) - otherwise a good, solid piece! Priced $75 and measures: 16" by 28" and stands 49" tall



speaking of solid - this is a very nice bookcase/storage piece! Measures: 16" by 29" and 
stands 38 1/2" tall and is priced $45

And then I'd be remiss if I didn't also express my appreciation for you, dear reader! You faithfully check out the blog each week and without our fabulous customers there would be no Jubilee Furniture! We're a delicate eco-structure between our donors and our shoppers! Many thanks and take care!